It's hot. I mean really hot! I know--everyone in Arizona, y'all can teach me a thing or two about HOT. But 90 decrees in Colorado is quite extreme, please understand. That's one of the reasons why I love it here.
Nevertheless, while we're all roasting away in the scorching hot but completely delightful summer sun (where ever we may be), here is the most wonderful recipe for freshly squeezed lemonade. I agree with Ina Garten to say it's so easy to just buy the powdered stuff and add water. But once you taste this, and see how easy it is, you'll never settle for less than the real thing again. So, to quote my son, "Are you ready for the best lemonade ever?"
Fresh Lemonade (Makes 2-3 tall glasses)
1 Cup ice
Juice from 4-5 lemons
1/2 Cup sugar
3 Cups cold water
Pull out your blender and throw the ice in. Pulse a few times to crush. Toss in everything else and blend until smooth. I love the foamy bubbles on the top that the blender creates. It makes it even more special. Serve over ice.
You can garnish with some lemon slices and/or mint leaves.
Raspberry lemonade: try adding some raspberry puree (strained of seeds) in with the juice and blend with the rest. Or, try some raspberry sorbet! I bet that would be yummy!
This recipe was adapted from one of Ina Garten's recipes from Barefoot Contessa. She's one of my absolute favorites. (Hello Ina! I love you!) See her recipe here.
Here's my 10-year-old son making this recipe for us. He did such a good job! He's my future chef.
Yeah. If anyone out there knows of a way to keep a 10-year-old's shirt clean, let me know!

No comments:
Post a Comment