Here are my tomatoes on Day 1. I actually planted them last evening but this is their first day in their new home. I didn't do seedlings this year because of the late frosts. I wanted something more established and acclimated...and ready to go! Last year was such a failure with no fruits until just before the frost...most of which were still green when it did snow. I'm hoping to add plants to my garden one by one each payday so that by August it will be a glorious colorful therapeutic garden. Maybe even July.
I also decided to plant in containers so that I can control the soil environment a little better...and I can take my garden with me if we have to move. (We rent...you never know.)
Here's my tomatoes today:
"Park's Whopper" Big ol' beefsteak.
"Better Boy" Supposed to be very hearty and produces a lot of fruit.
"Husky Cherry Red" and "Sun Gold" both of which are cherry tomato size. I planted them in the same large pot to see if they would kind of grow intertwined with each other. May have been a mistake. We'll see.
OK so I have some weeding to do. In the front there...among the weeds is my glorious mint that comes back each year. It will cover the front of the pots. It's about 10:45 in the morning so that one on the left isn't getting its sun yet...but it will get lots of very hot sun in the afternoons.
Anyway, I better get to weeding...




No comments:
Post a Comment