You know, not every woman is fortunate enough to have a husband who doesn't quite fit the mold. I mean, perhaps, a husband who is multifaceted. I am lucky.
Yesterday was Easter. A day often celebrated with a confusing array of traditions, mostly (as my husband pointed out) for the benefit of the mother of the family. After all, an Easter Egg hunt is conspicuously irrelevant to our major focus...that being the Resurrection of Christ. But I always justify it by admitting that it also marks the beginning of spring. After all, a lady can go ahead and wear white shoes after this day, can she not?
It is also a day of schedules. Mine consists of getting up early, having easter baskets for the kids, egg hunt, eating a special breakfast of some kind, getting into fancy dresses and ties (actually, this tradition is sadly going away), going to church, coming home and toiling over a hot stove to awe the family with my culinary talents and providing a fancy holiday fare for lunch. However, my job manages to get in the way for one Summer and one Winter holiday a year. I had to get ready to go to work when it was all over.
Enter: My husband. He has over the last couple of years picked up some exceptional cooking skills. He cooked the entire Easter dinner for us....really. Here he's cooking for us...scalloped potatoes to go with our glazed ham.
Awesome!
Now, here's what I'm talking about when I say he's multifaceted. I mean, not all husbands would go through the trouble of making these:
Oh yes indeed! He made baby chick deviled eggs! He even dyed them yellow with food coloring! Yes he did! The eyes are pimientos, the feet and bills are carrots, and they have a plume of fresh dill. He also went on to explain that he didn't like the term "Deviled" Eggs, so he made "Bronco-ed" Eggs instead...with more food coloring. Typical...
He was oh so very proud...
So we all sat down to dinner...
And tortured the dog...
It was so very delicious!
Happy Easter!
"He was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5







No comments:
Post a Comment