Pages

Thursday, April 12, 2012

The Power In Spring

Yesterday was a big day for me.  I had the most daunting job interview of my life.  It was for a job I already had for years, but I had to step down to accommodate some needs of my family.  Now the opportunity arose for me to get it back.  It was a job that I loved.  But I had to go through the interview process all over again.  I sat in front of 11 of my colleagues and answered some of the most difficult and drilling questions I've ever had to answer.  It was scary.  I'm still waiting to hear.

In all my nervousness and waiting for the time to go through the interview, I went through the worst anxiety that I've had in my adult life.  It was debilitating really.  So I took my iPhone outside and started taking pictures of all the things outside that made me smile.  All the little lovelies of spring that I have in my yard.  And the peace of God started to replace all the worries in my mind.  Here are some of the things I saw:


It's a beautiful spring this year in Colorado thanks to our incredibly unseasonably warm weather.  The flowering trees are spectacular...way too early!  But thank goodness they are.

In the first chapter of Max Lucado's book, He Chose The Nails, there is a poem that is very appropriate for what happened to me yesterday in my yard.  I think Max Lucado wrote it because there is no siting to show otherwise.  Here it is:

He splashed orange in the sunrise
and cast the sky in blue.
And if you love to see geese as they gather,
chances are you'll see that too.

Did have to make the squirrel's tail furry?
Was he obliged to make the birds sing?
And the funny way that chickens scurry
or the majesty of thunder when it rings?

Why give a flower fragrance? Why give food its taste?
Could it be
he loves to see
that look upon your face?

Yes, I'm sure my face reflected my awe at what God creates in my humble little yard.  And the same Power that makes all these things beautiful and thriving is the same Power that takes care of me.  I think I'll be OK.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails