Pages

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Never Have To Buy Green Onions Again!


I can always use a little help.

A few weeks ago, I was browsing on Pinterest and saw a pin on how you can grow green onions in your window sill.  (I didn't even repin it or "like" it so I don't have any means of giving it credit.  My apologies.) A few days later, I was cooking dinner and was about to throw away some root ends of some scallions, so I decided to try it. All I did was cut about an inch above the roots, and then stuck the roots in some water.  I just used mason jars. 

I'm not kidding when I say the very next day there were shoots growing straight up.  The above picture are the ones in my window sill.  The long shoots were about two inches long about a week and a half ago!  It works so well!  I just cut off what I need, as if they were growing outside in the garden.

I love Pinterest.  I am now a better person just because I pin...  (I pin therefor I am...)

Just kidding.  But I'm always learning something or other on there.  I highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails