These were some pictures that I took in the Spring:
Columbines, Baby Apples, Strawberries and Cherries; Morning Glories, and Basil.
Spring blossoms brought summer fruit...
I see applesauce in my future...and I'm taking orders. Let me know. I will be swimming in it! I need recipes.
Those are my boys playing basketball in front of the apple and cherry tree in the spring. On the right are my apples this morning. The birds ate all the cherries...which is just as well because they were sour cherries...and I don't know what to do with sour cherries.
And my tomatoes...oh, my tomatoes.
This is when I first planted them, a couple weeks later, and this morning. I have a forest on my hands. The basketball is there to show you the size. They stand about as tall as my head. I don't know what's with the brown leaves. Again, any suggestions?
Does anyone notice something missing in the picture of my tomatoes? Yes, tomatoes! I've got great big plants, but no tomatoes! I've got a few blossoms, but that's it! What'd I do wrong? Where's Martha Stewart when I need her?
I did have some losses this year. My cucumbers and watermelon got dug up by the dog, I uprooted my spaghetti squash when I was moving the sprinkler, the birds ate my cherries and strawberries; and the dog trampled my columbines, bleeding heart, and peonies. I mourned. Especially about the peonies. And my heart bled over my bleeding heart.
But not everything was a loss. Here's some of my flowers:
And my herbs:
That's Oregano and Mint, my giant Basil and teeny Thyme, and my beautiful Parsley. I also have Cilantro and Chives not pictured. I love my herb garden. I think Martha would approve...and so would Ina.
And, well this...this just has to stand alone...in all it's glory...
These are my Disneyland Roses that Dave planted for me last year. There are no roses more glorious than these.
Thanks for walking with me through my garden this year. Its not perfect, but I love it.






BEAUTIFUL. I love it- every inch :) Bummer about the things that didn't make it :( I made pesto with our Basil using the recipe in the Better Home and Garden cook book and it's amazing.
ReplyDeleteI've heard that too much fertilizer is to blame for no tomatoes. That happened to my friend last year... not sure if that's the issue. Too much nitrogen will make for a green plant, but no fruit- so they say! Enjoy your apples :)