My friends and family amaze me.
Over the past few weeks I have really come to experience the graciousness and goodness of people. I have been humbled. I thought that my husband and I were generally giving and thoughtful, but the things that people have done for us out of the goodness of their hearts recently have been nothing less than direct gifts from the hands of God to us. I have always tried to see what I can do to help when someone is going through something. Even at work I try to make it a habit to ask my coworkers what they need. What amazes me about the things that have been done for me is simply that these people didn't wait to ask what we needed. They just looked and saw what needed done, and did it. What a difference that is.
We have had neighbors and friends come and take the kids for some special time out. We've had people show up at our door with meals all ready for the oven or freezer...whatever we needed. We've had phone calls of encouragement from both people that we're close to as well as people we haven't talked to in years. We've recieved gifts to help with groceries so we wouldn't have to figure all that out. Not to mention the cards, flowers, and people visiting me in the hospital. I'm overwhelmed by what everybody has done.
My son said to me, "Wow Mom! A lot of people care about you!" That was what I was thinking to myself exactly. I will never forget this. Thank you to you all!
Now I have some Thank You notes to write. Seems so small of a gesture in comparison. I pray that God will bless you all for what you have given.
No comments:
Post a Comment